Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First Post :)

With the warm scent of pink vanilla cupcakes wafting through the kitchen, I embarked on the journey of finally creating my own blog.  I had done previous research to find that all I needed was a Google account, a catchy name, and a tech-savvy dad.  After several e-mails to Heather Baird, the author of the tasteful blog called Sprinkle Bakes, I started my trip.  I originally had a name that I thought was very clever, A Spoonful of Sugar.  Cute, right?  Taken.  Along with Cinnamon Sugar, Cute Cakes, Sweet Sugar, Cinnamon Sticks, and Good Grief.  I'd almost had enough, when I was inspired by yet another blogger whom I admire,  the author of Scrumptious South Africa.  I decided to use a little word play, and tie in the Great Lakes, which I live close by.  Thus, Sweet Lakes was born.

I live in Michigan, and on on your handy Michigan map, located on your right hand, my hometown is in the furthest south and farthest west you can go.  (The bottom left, right above your wrist.)  Located in little Berrien County, St. Joseph sits on Lake Michigan.  It's a beautiful little town, and while the water isn't very sweet, the people are incredibly nice.  I don't know of any other avid food bloggers located in the area so the name, Sweet Lakes, must be somewhat unique.  And, the name is kind of growing on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment